Friday, August 15, 2008

The Ui Guy



Since this is my first post, I guess an introduction is in order. My name is Ari, and I have been a user interface engineer for 10 years now, for enterprise and web.

I registered a few domain names to start a company a few years ago, but then decided not to bother. So, the domain names "theuiguy.com", "uiguys.com", and "theuiguys.com" all will link to this blog.

It may seem lazy for me to be using blogger, seeing that I have done software and websites for a living, but thats the reason why at the moment I don't want to bother. I'm too focused on my career and don't have the time to put into it. I currently manage my art website, Headcircus and that is enough for me.

I plan on blogging about my experiences over the past 10 years, and that may be better than full-fledged articles.

So, your probably thinking "The" Ui guy? What arrogance.

Truth be told, at the time "uiguy.com" was already taken, and same here for blogger.com. So thats what I have. It really should be "A Ui guy", but that doesn't ring as nice.

So what do I have to offer in this vast sea of blogs? A lot if you are interested in the front end of software development, especially in the User Interface arena.

And yes, I always write in small, easily digestible paragraphs, and I wish the world would do the same. Nothing says "stumble" or "back button" more than a menacing block of text.

On to the blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic